Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Neverending Story Book

This one is an oldie, it was one of my earliest builds but also one I'm not too proud of, but its a start.

 In 2008, my younger bro had a college Halloween party, and he wanted something easy to go as (because it was a really last minute thing) so we had settled on Bastian from the Neverending Story movie.

So it kinda fell on my to get the 'book' done. Since I only had about a day and a half (and at the time, no skills in sculpting whatsoever) so I studied the Auryn and watched a bit of the movie to try and get a grasp of what needed to be done.
The 'victim' was this old book on photography that had been damaged badly by rain a few months earlier. Since nobody wanted to read it anymore, we decided it was a prime candidate to get painted to 'look' like the actual book.
Uhhh, quite out of my league here.
At the time my skills were pretty horrible, and as a result it didn't occur to me to actually do a bit of outlining aside from what I had managed to sketch out with the Auryn reference above.

This was the end result:

I never quite heard the 'end' of the dual tapeworm jokes.
A few hours of painting with silver and gold arcrylics, and while its not very visible, I attempted to outline scales onto the twin snakes using a black ballpoint pen. Yes, I know it looks nothing like the real thing, but you work with what you have.

Thankfully my brother liked it enough to bring it with him to the Halloween night thing he was going for, and he said it got a few nods so at the time I felt it was a fair achievement for some last minute work.

No comments:

Post a Comment